The Catedral de León It is a temple of Catholic cult, bishopric of the diocese of Leon, Spain, consecrated under the invocation of Santa Maria de Regla. It was the first declared monument in Spain by Royal Order 28 of August 1844 (confirmed by Royal Order 24 September 1845).
Construction was begun in the XIII century, It's one of the great works of Gothic style, French influence. Known by the nickname Pulchra leonina, which means 'beautiful Leonesa'. It is located on the Camino de Santiago.
The Cathedral of Leon is known for bringing to end the "dematerialization" of Gothic art, that is to say, reducing the walls to a minimum to be replaced by colored stained glass, constituting one of the largest collections of medieval stained glass in the world.